Would You Picnic With This Bear?

Thursday, July 16, 2009


Can you believe I found this song on You Tube the other day?! I couldn't help but sing this song while I was coloring this little picnic scene in. Doesn't he look just dapper in his cargo shorts? Still wouldn't picnic with him though...you never know what might tick him off! LOL

I built up this image with stamps from Anna Wight's cling set 'Beware Of Bears'. I stamped the picnic basket out first, then masked off a little bit of it so that Mr Bear could be stamped next and look like he was standing behind it. Then I masked off Mr Bear's face and stamped the forest's edge in the background. This week's CPS124 sketch was perfect for this little scene. I've been playing with my new edge punch from Martha Stewart! Love this punch! Then I used some chocolate raffia I found at Michaels. The sentiment is computer generated.

So let this be a warning to you all: Don't eat in the woods...you never know who might be looking on. ;)


Supplies
Stamps: Anna Wight/Whipper Snapper 'Beware of Bears'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel, Certain Celery, Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Soft Sky, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - BoBunny 'U Bug Me! Outdoors'
Access: Raffia, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Circle Punches, Dimensionals

6 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

This cracks me up. Reminds me of Yogi bear and his pic-i-nik basket. Hey Boo-boo! Great job on creating a whole scene and gorgeous coloring...as always.

Elena said...

I would be very happy to go on a picnic with this cute bear! Awesome card!!! Your coloring is gorgeous!!!

kadie said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing the song too. LOL!!

Danni said...

Such a fun card!! Great job!

Lorie said...

Oh, this is a fun card, and yes...I would picnic with him!! He's much too cute to get ticked off. As always, I adore your coloring, and how do you always choose the perfect paper? It is fantastic!!

~amy~ said...

super cute Sandra...love the plaid paper...sooo fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails