Up, up and Away!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Helloooo!

I'm somewhere in Maine at the moment, hopefully relaxing by the water somewhere. :D I am coming home tomorrow and I better have a tan! LOL

I am so sorry it took me this long to show you this card! I feel bad that I teased you all with a sneak peek of it a couple of weeks ago now and never got a chance to show you the whole card until now!



Isn't he just the beary sweetest?! He's one of the new releases from the Fall/Winter 2009 collection from Whipper Snapper. Love, love, love him! But my, is he a big stamp! LOL This is a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card and as you can see, he takes up most of it! I might have to cut him out next time I use him and mat him onto a different sized panel. Now, if I had oval nesties to mount him on, that would make for a great card! (Mental note to self: move oval nesties to the top of my wish list!)

He's again colored with reinkers and an aquapainter and that awesome cloud paper is from Reminisce. The sentiment was computer generated.

I have a funny story to tell you about a particular balloon.

Last Monday, while I was home from work, I was busy cleaning and stuff in our tiny, single floor apartment. The way it's set up, the two bedrooms (ours and Syd's) are connected by a bathroom. As I was tidying her room, the almost deflated foil balloon that daddy bought her kept getting in my way. It floated about 3 feet off the ground at the moment, that's how deflated it was.! I had moved onto our room and I was making our bed and this balloon somehow traveled from Syd's room and was now hovering over our bed! So like a kid who had escaped from time out, I grabbed it and moved it back to Syd's room again. A half hour later I'm at my craft desk in the living room and I can see into my room from there. I look up and what has made it's way back into our room again?! That limp looking balloon! This went on all day too! I eventually popped it because it was starting to creep me out a little. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: Whipper Snapper 'Beary Special Birthday', sentiment computer generated.
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Certain Celery


Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - Reminisce 'Cloud Puff'
Access: Ribbon, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

15 Comments:

~amy~ said...

♥♥balloon killer♥♥ LOL....that'd creep me out too! Your card is a-dorable! LOVE the cloud dp!

Mary Giles said...

Oh yeah...that balloon had to go. You did the right thing. This is sooo cute and the cloud paper sets him on his way perfectly. Hope you are well rested.

cnelson said...

really, really cute!

Javablustamper said...

Hey there!! Hope you are having a GREAT time in Maine!!! I LOVE this card!!! That bear is SO cute!! Yeah...there is NO way that balloon would have stayed!! It would have freaked me out too!! Have fun!!


Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

kadie said...

There he is!! I have been patiently waiting since you showed your sneak. This is Brilliant! Oh, I LOVE it so much!! IT couldn't be more perfect. Great DP, Great stitching, great coloring...great everything!

Dawn B. said...

LOL that is a cute story. Those balloons have a mind of their own. I Love Love Love this new image. SUper job..Hope your vacation was awesome.

Jacilynn said...

LOL about the creepy balloon. Super cute card! Love that bear. Hope you are having a fabulous vacation.

Tracey said...

Sounds like a balloon with a mind of its own. I think I would have popped it too! :)

Love your card! It is adorable!! I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling birthday card!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Hes sooo cute Sandra and the cloud dp is perfect for him!!

karen said...

HAHAHAH!
I'm totally picturing this innocent looking balloon and you with a butcher's knife hacking away with that horror movie soundtrack in the background. I can imagine the balloon lying on the bed, you, back at your craft table when all of sudden the balloon inflates and floats slowly towards you - only now its black with angry eyes and sharp dracula teeth.....

Okay, my imagination has gotten away from me.. love the card sandra! its adorable!

Lorie said...

Hehehehe! Karen's imagination has me ROTFLMBO!! All I can say is it's about time!!!! I've been wanting to see this little guy for over a week, and you didn't disappoint me!! He's adorable, and I guess you showed that pesky balloon who is boss!! Hope you had a great vacay, and are all rested and tan!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Precious!! Love the cloud dp with this sweet image Sandra!! And your coloring is fantastic!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Oh my gosh!! That's a hoot Sandra! I can just see that balloon sneaking up on you and following you around. Too funny!
Love the card. It's adorable and your coloring is AWESOME.

DoxieGirl said...

okay - I really did laugh out loud when I read the balloon story! too funny! scary balloons... actually, I don't like balloons because I hate when they pop. the person who came up with the game where you pop balloons with your butt at birthday parties is seriously twisted. freaks me out!
that was probably more information than you needed to know, huh? well, the balloon story got me going. :)
anyways, super cute card!
~Kendra

Related Posts with Thumbnails