Cuddly MacBeth Card Kit

Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was jam packed. Friday night started with a 4 year old sleep over party which was fun for Syd and us. She had her BFF from preschool stay overnight and they had a blast playing dress up, watching a Barbie movie in their pj's and eating popcorn, putting on a show starring a cheerleader and a singing Santa baby and eating Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast! I'm not sure who had more fun - the kids or me! :D

Then Saturday we had gymnastics and apple picking which I'm so glad we made a second trip because the Gala apples were ready for picking and they were so crisp and delicious! Then yesterday we went out for breakfast, tooled around Target for a bit, brought out the winter clothes and packed up the summer ones, then spent the afternoon and evening with our family in Massachusetts. A perfect fall weekend really!

In between all that I managed to make today's card but that's about all I did! Some weekends are just about spending time with family, right? Anyway, today's card is made up some yummy, yummy stuff I got in the mail from my dear friend Mary! It was her turn for this month's card kit and she sent Kadie and I this adorable bunny from Sugar Nellie and these equally scrumptious papers!

Mary has a very good eye for paper and embellishments and normally she goes bold and bright, but this month's kit was full of soft, sweet colors and textures. I didn't know which paper to go with so I used them all! :D

MacBeth reminded me of a well loved stuffed toy that brings comfort and a well used heirloom quilt brings that same feeling of comfort and content. So I used the papers to create a quilt like background to the image. I cut the papers into 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares, sponged the edges of them and then stuck them to a scrap piece of cardstock. Then I distressed the edges of the piece with my Tim Holtz edge distresser, sponged the edges again to hide the white paper and ran the sewing machine around the squares. Then I adhered it to some brown cardstock and layered it to some Bazzil Bling cardstock base.

MacBeth was colored with reinkers and a aquapainter, then cut out with a large circle nestie and matted with Bazzil Basics. After adhering it to the base, I spritzed the whole card with some Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist for some soft, pretty sparkle. (None of the colors bled! Phew!) Then I finished off the card by adding some of the buttons, ribbon and the gorgeous corduroy brad Mary sent. The tag was created with the little Mixed Messages sentiment and Martha Stewart's tag punch.

I'm dying to see what Mary and Kadie have done with their kits!! Please go check their's out when you get a chance. There's something fun about seeing what someone else does with the same supplies! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow with another There She Goes challenge.


Supplies
Stamps: Sugar Nellie 'MacBeth', PTI 'Mixed Messages'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Pretty In Pink, Old Olive, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye, Vintage Photo'
Papers: Neenah Classic, Bazzil Basics, Bazzil Bling, PP - Unknown
Access: Spellbinders Large Circle Nesties, Ribbon, Button, Corduroy Brad, PTI Rustic Button Twine, Martha Stewart Tag Punch, Tim Holtz Edge Distresser, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

16 Comments:

Marley said...

Lovely card! I like the colours and the design paper is lovely! Also a cute image.. xxx Hugs Marley

~amy~ said...

Oh super cute Sandra!! Happy Monday:)

Mary Giles said...

Awww...this is sooo cute! I love the layout you chose and you used the elements in the kit wonderfully! I need a lesson in edge distressing. Mine always turns out too thick and spotty. Glad you had a great weekend.

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

What a great card! Love those soft colors. Love that image. Your coloring is awesome!
hugz
deb

Dina said...

This is just darling! I love the quilt background, great idea! Your colring is beautiful!

Juls said...

so gorgeous! Love the cute image and the gorgeous mutedd colours, the layout is fab and Love the stitching detail! great card, love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Sounds like a wonderfully fun weekend Sandra!! And this card is just precious!! Love the sweet cozy panels and that charming bunny that is so fabulously colored!! Awesome!!

kadie said...

This is really lovely, Sandra. I adore the four panels...I was in love with the papers too and trying to figure out how to use them all...and you did that fabulously! Beautiful! I love the paper distress and stitched edges too!

Kate said...

I adore the reference to a well used quilt!! Ahhh. Thank you so much for your help this week-end; I appreciate it so much. It was so great to spend some time with all of you. :) Cheers!

Lorie said...

I love the well used quilt pieced background! Each one of your cards has been delightfully different, and such a treat! I love them all, and that image is TDF!! Your weekend does sound like it was perfect and a lot of fun! Gotta get those winter clothes out whether we like it or not!! I'm kinda wondering where Fall went!!!????? Thanks for sharing this beauty!!

Love ya!
Lorie

Jacilynn said...

oooh,I love those papers! super cute card Sandra!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! This is just so neat that you girls do this..so fun for us to see what you all create!

MiamiKel said...

Love love love your rendition of da bunny! The paper is jaw dropping gorgeous ~ well done! TFS!

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG...this is FANTASTIC!!!! Love the soft colors.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute! Love the panel look! And the little tag with the sentiment on it! Love it!

The Spotted Chick said...

Oh my gosh, I SO LOVE this card! That's the cutest little image ever and you colored him perfectly! Too, too cute! Oh and that ribbon, you've gotta tell me where you got it? LOVE it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails