To Infinity And Beyond!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good Morning!

I had so much fun with that DoodleFactory 'Final Frontier' set from Starving Artistamps last week, that I wanted to make a couple more!

I really liked how the background turned out on my 'Peace On Earth' card turned out, so I played with the sponged background again. It's actually really easy to do one you know how. Before applying the sponged background, I inked up a couple of the planets with Versamark ink and stamps them onto the piece watercolor paper. Then I applied Kaleidoscope embossing powder and heat set it. For the sponged colors, I applied a layer of Broken China blue from Distress Inks. Then I applied Buckaroo Blue from SU over the Broken China, leaving some of it showing through. Last, I applied some Black Soot, sparingly, to the edges of the piece and into the middle of the card, careful to leave the light spots still show. After I added all the planets and moons, I added some 'stars' with some Star Dust Stickles. Now the whole piece looks like outer space and the milky way!

This next card came together really quickly. The Final Frontier set has large versions of all the robots and the aliens, but it also contains the mini 1" versions too. All lined up, I thought they'd make a great card from 'the gang'. So I just stamped them all in a row, colored them up and used some decorative scissors (probably my most favorite tools) to give the panel some interest. The cog paper is a recent find from Michaels.
A few people left questions for me in the comments section last week about some of my cards, but if you don't have your email turned on in your profile, I don't have a way of replying to you, so if you have a question, feel free to use the chat box on the right hand side. That way, I can leave you a reply! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I have another post scheduled in a little bit that you won't want to miss! :)

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Starving Artistamps/DoodleFactory 'Final Frontier'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Veramark, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sahara Sand, Buckaroo Blue, Distress Inks 'Broken China and Black Soot'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Day Dream'
Access: Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Stampendous Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder, Stickles - Star Dust' Sponges, Dimensionals
Card 2
Stamps: Starving Artistamps/DoodleFactory 'Final Frontier'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Taken With Teal, Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, True Thyme, Going Gray, Buckaroo Blue, Sahara Sand
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, Bazzil Bling, PP - Recollections 'Rockets and Sprockets Collection - Switchback'
Access: Decorative Scissors, Rangers Glossy Accents, Dimensionals

6 Comments:

Ciacchina said...

Mi piacciono moltissimo questa cards, specialmente la prima!

~amy~ said...

soooo much fun Sandra...love them both!!! You're one busy chicklet!

WickedPixie said...

I love these cards and I love this set! I just had to have it after all of those fab creations on the HOP and I used your discount code!! Thank You! :-)Traci

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How creative, cute, and so beautifully colored once again. Your talent knows no boundaries!!

Cassie said...

wow.
wow.
wow.

you did really cool things with these stamps!

MacKenzie said...

Ack! Love love love em! I gave you a shout out on my Friday Faves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails