TSG Home Sweet Home Holiday Additions Blog Hop!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome to the There She Goes blog hop celebrating the soon to be released set of the Home Sweet Home Holiday Additions set!!

If you've just happened upon this blog post and would like to hop along, then head over to the There She Goes blog to get started. If you've stopped by here from the uber talented Maki Joneses blog, then you're on the right path. :)

I have been soooooo excited for everyone to see this new Holiday Additions set of the Home Sweet Home series! It has everything - and I mean EVERYTHING, you are going to need to create your holiday cards! TI'm not kidding either, there are over 40 images in the set - 40!!

This first card uses the two-step wreath stamp in the set. The detail these stamps have is incredible! You're going to love this set! For this first card, I stamped out the base image with Certain Celery then stamped the second, more detailed image on top of it with True Thyme. I then added the bows to the top of the wreaths and some Stickles around each wreath for sparkle. If you think this card looks a little large, that's because it is. I used the large sized Labels One nestie which ended up making this card 4" x 8". I had been hoarding some of this Basic Grey paper from last year and I'm so glad I did! (I bet you still have some in your colletion!)

This second card uses the larger sock image in the set. I wanted to show that you don't need to build a fireplace scene to create a great holiday card. The image was watercolored with SU's Pretty in Pink and Taken With Teal and sponged around the outside with Cool Caribbean. I just got the Cosmo Cricket paper stack and couldn't WAIT to break into it! :) Add some velvet ribbon and you've got yourself a fun holiday card! I used this week's Whimsical Wednesday sketch from young Madelynn Diedrich for this layout. It was perfect for a small image like this! You can check out what the other Daredevils have created with it after this hop. :)

The thing I love about all of Jess's sets is that they have the BEST sentiments! Sentiments for the outside and inside. She really thinks of everything when she puts these sets together.

Ok, your next stop along this hop is the amazing Miss Wendy Bond! If you get lost along the way, here's the list of blogs, just in case. :)
Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: There She Goes 'Home Sweet Home Holiday Additions'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Certain Celery, True Thyme, Ruby Red, Cranberry Crisp, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Tea Dye'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Wassail Collection'
Access: Spellbinders Labels One Nestibilities, Decorative Scissors, Sponges, Dimensionals
Card 2
Stamps: There She Goes 'Home Sweet Home Holiday Additions'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Pretty In Pink, Taken With Teal, Cool Caribbean
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Cosmo Cricket 'Holly Jolly Collection'
Access: Velvet ribbon, Spellbinders Small Oval Nestibilties, Sponges, Dimensionals

42 Comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are both AWESOME Sandra! LOVE your take on M's sketch and that stocking is colored up too cute! And who doesn't luuuurve Jolly by Golly DP?! Beautiful cards!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are beautiful, Sandra! LOVE the wreath card...the sponging is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what to say for these, they are perfect for the end of the hop..oh wait, there is still me...lol! These are both great!

Anita said...

Wow! The cards are amazing.

Shirley N said...

I love both cards--they are so stunning and elegant!

Laura.K said...

Wow. I love both cards. They are so perfect.

Maureen said...

Both gorgeous cards! That wreath is one of my fave images of the whole set (that I've seen so far)!

Dawn B. said...

These are so pretty. I love the second one with the nontraditional colors. Great job Sandra. I stressed enough over one....

Julie said...

Beautiful! I love the colors on both!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful colors and coloring, great cards!

Unknown said...

oh so pretty, great job.

crafterGM said...

Both cards are great. Love the colors on the wreath card. Thanks Gloria M.

Gretchen said...

Beautiful cards Sandra! Yep, I think I do have some of that BG paper!! Time to get it out!

Mary Giles said...

Fabulous cards Sandra! I really LOVE those wreaths. They look so real. Love that CC paper with that cute stocking. Yes I believe I too have some of that BG paper.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards Sandra! My fave is the one with the 3 wreaths. Love how you used the same image 3 times! ;)
Hope you will come check out my blog candy!
Hugs,
True :)

JenRaff said...

Your just so great at all of this - your coloring always makes me stop and stare just a little longer! Wonderful cards!

Unknown said...

Sandra, you blew my mind again, lol!!
What pretty Holiday cards!
Your coloring is rockin' too!

Cathy said...

Wow!!! I love the shape of the 3 wreath card and of course your coloring is perfect on the Christmas stocking. I like that it isn't red and green LOL.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Your coloring is AMAZING on both of these cards! They really look 3D. Isn't that wreath and bow just perfect? Thank you for sharing your art with us.

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Beautiful -- I love your layouts & color choices.

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOOOH! AAAAAAAAAH! These are GORGEOUS Sandra! LOVE your coloring and these AMAZING layouts!!

Dina said...

Sandra so beautiful! Your coloring both is fantastic! I love the three wreaths and they look great on the Nessties. Beatufiul DP on both cards, the stocking is so whimsical!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Both cards are beauties - the wreaths are my fave - wonderfully colored!

craftieodmae said...

very pretty

Theresa said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Your cards are absolutely amazing!

Lesley said...

Great cards...and thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the only person still in love with "last year's model" of DP, LOL!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful cards, Sandra! I love the idea of the two step wreath stamp...wonderful versatility and dimension!

Kimberly S said...

Both cards are just wonderful! I didn't realize that the wreath stamp was two steps, that's very nice (and sure can make things easy).

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I like your long card! I have never made a long card before but I really like the layout of yours. I just might have to CASE it! The other card is great too. i like the swirly paper!

Carol Dee said...

Both cards are GREAT, I LOVE THE STOCKING card. Fun, hugs...

Cassie said...

in-cred-i-ble!
both of them!!

Michele Lourenco said...

great card. simple yet beautiful1

Cathy said...

Love those wreaths, they are pretty and the 2nd card is also pretty. Love them both...

Anonymous said...

Sandra, I can't make up my mind! They're both just gorgeous! Thanks for the ideas!

scrappinfox said...

Two beautiful cards! The contemporary color combo on the second card is really great - so cheerful.

Jackie said...

These are TOO pretty! I am loving the cards for this set, defiantly a must have!

Randi said...

These are both gorgeous Sandra!! I love your layout on that first one!! Such a great idea with the stockings!!
Cool Caribbean is one of my favorite SU colors!! I need to get it out and use it! It looks stunning on your holiday card!!
Sorry you have the ickies, too!! This is the longest cold I've had!! But, I turned around yesterday. And I'm 99% better today. It happened really fast. So, hang in there!!
I am off to check out your amazing TGF creation below....

Darla said...

Super job on the cards Sandra - you did great with the sketch! I love your coloring and shading, it's very professional looking! I'm getting in the Christmas mood now. I also enjoyed reading your getting to know you quiz. Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Becky Sorensen said...

Great cards.

Jodi said...

Two wonderful cards but I really love the wreath one. I love the layout you used, the papers and the sponging around the wreath is the perfect touch.

momof5sons said...

I literally gasped when I saw your wreath card. Absolutely stunning in its simplicity.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the DP and the colouring. Great card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails