No Ribbon? What do you mean 'no ribbon'???

Friday, October 16, 2009

Woohooo!

It's Farm Fresh Friday again! I hope you're all having fun with these challenges. I know I am!

When I saw this week's challenge, I immediately got this sharp pain in my chest and I had to sit down for a bit. Why? Because this week's challenge is called Thrills Without Frills. It's a limited supply challenge where the only embellishment you can use are buttons! No ribbon, no frills, just buttons! I don't know what ribbon ever did to whomever came up with this idea but I guess that's why they call it a 'challenge'!


I have heaps of buttons but I never exclusively use them on a card sans anything else, so this was a challenge for me! I colored up the uber sweet Maggie Bunny drawn by TGF's newest designer, Marine Neira with reinkers and an aquapainter brush on some Strathmore Bristol Vellum cardstock. It's not as forgiving as watercolor paper, but I love the smooth surface. The name 'vellum' apparently only describes the ever so slight texture to the paper. It's not vellum in the real sense of the word.

I'm not sure what exactly 'no frills' means, but I interpreted it as being no other embellishments, so I used decorative scissors, a scalloped punch and a corner punch (with the guard off) to create some added interest.

The sketch was this week's Sketch For You To Try. I love Jenn's sketches! Again, Miss Maggie was colored with reinkers (Going Gray for her body, Old Olive for the grass and Cool Caribbean for the sky around her) and an aquapainter. The buttons come from a few collections from Foof-Fa-La. They have the best assortment of buttons!
Can't wait to see all your button creations!! Have a fabulous weekend!


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Maggie Bunny' and 'Panda Friends - retired'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Going Gray, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Morning Marigold, So Saffron, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Cosmo Cricket 'Girl Friday - Saturday and Sunday'
Access: Foof-Fa-La Buttons, Ranger's Glossy Accents, Marvy Scalloped Square Punch, Machine Stitching, EK Success Corner Punch, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Dimensionals

18 Comments:

Kate said...

I thought for SURE you would post something with snowflakes today ;)

Jenn said...

Super cute card! You did a great job with the challenge Sandra! :)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

~amy~ said...

Love your card Sandra...even if it doesn't have any ribbon on it...you've done a SUPER job!! Gotta love the Girl Friday paper..

Jacilynn said...

super cute! This turned out great. Love all the buttons.
x

Juls said...

gorgeous love the layout image and gorgeous papers you have used, and the button detail is just gorgeous!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I have no doubt that whatever you set your mind to, Sandra, you will be over the top successful!! And working without ribbon just confirmed my suspicions. Girl, you can do anything!! This card is just super adorable!

Lorie said...

Boy! This is a challenge and a half for me too! You nailed this one, though! You could have NOTHING but your colored image on a piece of paper and it would be a treat! Good call on the buttons, because they are a beautiful "no frill" touch on this adorable vintage image. I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love the layout, and all the delightful layers as well as the beautifully colored (as usual) image! Great job on the challenge, Sandra!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is just precious. Your soft coloring is fantastic and I love the image. Just adorable.

Mary J said...

I love the colours and how you've splashed in that raspberry - fabulous!

Candy said...

Sandra this is so darn cute, love the colors and all the wonderful buttons!!

Danni said...

Adorable card!!

Lisa said...

Great job Sandra. I love how you colored the bunny! The colors on the card are great. Love it!

Lisa

Jessica Diedrich said...

Well if ANYONE can pull of pretty, feminine, soft and AMAZING even sans ribbon and the rest of the poofy frilly stuff, I know YOU can!

This is STUNNING Sandra=your coloring blows me away as always and your gorgeous layout and DP is fabu!

Vicki G said...

Sandra, this is precious! So soft sweet and pretty!

Vicki

Unknown said...

Sandra, your cards are always super pretty w/ or w/o ribbons!!
FAB-O job on the challenge, gf!

Amy said...

Great job with the challenge Sandra, this looks amazing!

Mary Giles said...

What a challenge and boy did you ever step up to the challenge! This is absolutely gorgeous and the coloring is fabulous love how the face is highlighted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails