TSG23: Monochrome Madness

Monday, October 5, 2009

Good Morning!

As the post title suggests, this week's There She Goes Challenge (TSG23)is to create a card or project with a monochromatic color scheme. I must admit, I've been stalling on this challenge because if you look at my cards, monochromatic color schemes isn't my style. I like lots of color and patterned paper, so I had to really think about this challenge!

Towards the end of July and the end of my guest trendsetter stint with There She Goes, I literally groaned when I saw the set Jessica was releasing for August. I groaned because I was sooo bummed that I wasn't going to get to play with it!! So the first thing I did when I rejoined the TSG DT on a more permanent basis was to snap this set up. It's called Spread Your Wings and I loooooooove it!!

Hopefully no one gives me the gong for this card. I hope it passes as being monochromatic. I used various shades of rust, which is such a warm and cosy color. I'm seeing lots of it around me at the moment here in the New England area. I stamped one of the quotes from the set onto some Very Vanilla cardstock with and heat embossed it so that it give it some shine. Then I cut it out with the Labels Four nestie and sponged a bit of Antique Linen onto the corners so it softened the edges a little. Then I matted it twice with some rust colored Bazzil cardstock, adding a few pop dots between the two layers so the layers didn't get lost stacked against each other. Added the ribbon, the butterfly from the set and some Kaiser pearls to frame the quote, and I was done.

A nice, quick card that says so much. Now it's your turn to create a card for the challenge. Create a card/layout using a monochromatic color scheme and go to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the Mr. Linky that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner is announced next Monday (Oct. 12th).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes
'Spread Your Wings'
Inks: StazOn 'Timber Brown', Versamark, Really Rust, More Mustard, Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo'
Papers: Very Vanilla, Bazzil Basics, PP - Crate Paper 'Crush Collection - Island'
Access: Ribbon, Kaiser Pearls - Latte', Spellbinders Labels Four Nestibilities, Dimensionals, Sponges

10 Comments:

Lorie said...

I love it, Sandra! That DP is beautiful, and the soft shades of rust, butterfly, and sentiment are perfect together! Such a clean, and elegant card! Just lovely!!

My dream vacation is New England in the Fall! Oh, you lucky girl!!

Gretchen said...

Absolutely lovely! Great monochromatic card!

Dina said...

So beautiful! Love the Rust color, it is perfect for Fall!! THe Nesstie looks great for the sentiment and I enjoy the sponging around the edges, it not only softens it but blends as well!! Another great job Sandra!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Sandra this is GORGEOUS!!! Like you said-so simple but says so much-and VERY pretty too I must add!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card!

Mary Giles said...

This is soooo lovely! I think you did a fabulous job with the monochromtic theme and that butterfly is the perfect accent.

Unknown said...

So pretty, Sandra!!
The shade of the colors are absolutely beautiful.

Danni said...

Very nice...so pretty!

Deborah Young said...

This is beautiful!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Sandra!! Can you tell I like it? LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails