Spooktacular Halloween - TGF Style!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good Morning!

I thought I'd show you what I had created a few weeks back for my friend Kadie's The Greeting Farm card swap on SCS. I had to whip it up fast since I knew I would have no time to work on them later in the month, so I used the old Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC95). You might recognise it; I used it on this card around the same time I was working on these.


It was such a quick and easy layout that I thought it would be perfect for the swap. I colored up six little mummies from The Greeting Farm's Spooktacular set (love their big heads! hehe) with Distress Inks and then cut them out using the Labels One Nesties. Then matted them onto some black cardstock and hand cut the 1/16" border (if anyone knows of an easier way to do this, PLEASE tell me! LOL) Then the other panels were sponged with Black Soot Distress Ink and I used up some more of that black glitter paper I found at Michaels. Doesn't look that spectacular in this photo, but IRL....ooo how it sparkles! :D

You should see the cards I got in return in this swap!! Whoa! You can really tell that TGF fans truly love these stamps and have a blast stamping with them! I even got an Amy original!! I'm pretty dang happy about that!

By the way, I've updated my store with some more recent cards, so take a peek and if you like something, just leave a comment. :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Spooktacular'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil basics, PP - My Mind's Eye 'NightLight Collection' and The Paper Company 12x12 Black Glitter Paper
Access: Button, PTI Rustic Button Twine, Spellbinders Labels One Nestibilities, Dimensionals, Sponges

18 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

I got one of these cuties and it is just fabulous! I love the sparklie black paper and the eerie colored backgound you created around the mummy is just perfect!

Jane Wetzel said...

Sandra...so darn cute!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That's adorable! (I love the big heads too!)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE Sandra! I LOVE it!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Sandra! GORGEOUS layout and I LOVE the glitter paper and your coloring on that darling image!!

WickedPixie said...

Sandra, this is wonderful!
If someone tells you an easier way to make the border for a Nestie cut shape, please let me know too!! :-)Traci

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great swap card. These are just adorable with Mummy Ian.

Mary J said...

I really love this little fella Sandra! Love how you've coloured in the background - really spooky!

Dina said...

Sandra your cards never cease to amaze me...this is ust too darling!

Christi Flores said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!

~amy~ said...

cutie pie CUTE!!

kadie said...

It was so fun to see this IRL!! I can't offer any help, as I mat mine and then cut to fit too...thus is the toil we card makers endure :) Love this card and love the papers you used. It's hard to tell that the black paper is sparklie, but it is and it's awesome!

Lorie said...

Oh, I got one of these too! I was so excited to see it on your blog! It is so fabulous!! That black glittery paper is gorgeous, and the little mummy with the big noggin is colored to perfection! DH picked it right up out of the stack, and said "This is awesome!" Enough said! When he says it's awesome... IT'S AWESOME!!

Lisa said...

Sandra,
I just love the way you do your backgrounds. They always add so much interest to the stamped image. Beautifully done!

Lisa

Javablustamper said...

WOW!! Sandra, AWESOME creation!! You ALWAYS have rockin' stuff!! This is NO exception!! I LOVE it!! Hope you are well!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Fantastic layout and great colouring!

Groetjes, Renata

Pam Varnell said...

Love this Sandra and I love how you colored and shaded the main image panel. Just beautiful!!! Hugs.

Amy said...

All I can say is that I am a lucky recipient of one of these AMAZING cards! Sandra your work is even more stunning in person if that is possible!
And I'm glad you enjoyed getting one of my cards too... Kadie's swap was so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails