TSG26: 10 min cards

Monday, October 26, 2009

A happy Monday morning to you all!

Did you have a good weekend? Saturday was rained out for us and since Syd has had a runny nose and a bit of a cough, I kept her home from gymnastics on Saturday. So we stayed home and did craft things. I stamped like a woman possessed and she got to paint. Sunday we hung out at my in-laws house with our family from MA who were visiting (hi Kate!). Had such a great time playing on the Wii with them! I soooo want one for our house!

The There She Goes challenge (TSG26) for today is to whip up cards in 10 minutes!! Yes, ten minutes! I think my all time record has been a card in under an hour....and you want me to make a card in 10 minutes!? Can you tell I had problems with this challenge?!?

I'll be honest, these cards probably took closer to 15 minutes rather than ten, but I think if you used some nice, white ink, you could definitely get this done in 10. ;)

See those snowflakes? Haven't seen them in the TSG shop?? That's because this is a SNEAK PEEK of a mini stamp set called Stick Together being released this weekend! It's such a beeeeeautiful set and definitely a must-have in your collection! The sentiments are so sweet and the snowflakes are gorgeous!

I first cut the base kraft cardstock to a standard sized card (4.5" x 5.5"). Then I cut the next layer to the same size as the front of the card and cut each edge with some pinking shears. Then I lightly sponged the edges of it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The size of the next layer of cardstock is 4.5"x3.25" and the patterned paper is 1/8" smaller in size. Sponge the edges of the patterned paper with the distress ink again and matt it to the Cranberry Crisp cardstock.

Then, very quickly, I stamped out the big snowflake, the two swirls and the two smaller snowflakes with Versamark ink, sprinkled white embossing powder over it, shake off the excess and heat set it. Lastly, I added the ribbon on off to one side, popped the layer on dimensionals and adhere it to the base card. The last thing I did, and you may not see it in the photo, but I sprayed Glimmer Mist (in Pearl) all over the card to make it sparkle and bring it up a notch.

And that's it. I think the color, pinked edges and the shimmer really make this card seem like it took a lot longer than it really did. Want to see more samples? Check out what the other Trendsetters have created! And you might even seen a few more sneak peeks - you never know! :)

Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Stick Together' Mini Set
Inks: Versamark Ink, Distress Ink 'Walnut Stain'
Papers: Kraft, Cranberry Crisp, PP - Basic Grey 'Wassil Collection'
Access: White Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Fiskars Pinking Shears, Sponges, Dimensionals

13 Comments:

kadie said...

ooooooh, beautiful! I love the CAS layout. That decorative edge and white emboss give it such a nice pop! Ahhhhh, it's good to be back in blogland. :) xoxo

Jenn said...

Beautiful cards Sandra!

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards!! I'm so jealous you can make the fabulous card within 10 min ;)
I love the pinking shears edge and ribbon!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SUPER fab cards! Love the ribbon!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job Sandra! It's hard for me to create a quick and simple card as well but definitely something I would love to master lol!

WickedPixie said...

10 Minutes!!?? I can barely get my cardstock cut in 10 minutes!! These are wonderful! :-)Traci

Kate said...

What awesome colors!! I love this card. Want one!! ;)

I'll trade ya, quilting for card stamping....oh, I think I'm on to something here!!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful card, Sandra, and only in 10 minutes...amazing! Love the rich colors, the pinked edge layer, gorgeous ribbon and the terrific sentiment!!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is lovely! I like the distressed look of your DP and how your card looks like a present all wrapped up. And in approximately ten minutes? TERRIFIC!

Michele Lourenco said...

I like the card and love the snowflakes!
I need to get this mini set for sure!

Javablustamper said...

Holy cow woman!! These are GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the rich color!! That ribbon is AWESOME!!! Hope you are well!!




Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Mary Giles said...

Love the rich colors! I still think it would have taken me 30 min. to create a card like this. You create like no other girl. I can't wait to see what the mad woman in you created.

Anonymous said...

Love yours!!! And the colours are so rich and elegant! Good job for 10 mins!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails