DDSC5: Ribbit Ribbit

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Morning!


It's Wednesday (how did that happen?!) again and it's time for another Whimsical Wednesday: The Diedrich Dare challenge for you all!

I wasn't able to play last week with all that I had going on. So since all the release parties are done for the month, I wasn't going to miss out on another throw down by the Diedrich kids!! Haha This week's challenge is an inspiration one and it's a fun one! Froggy cupcakes!! (Thank you to Cupcakes Take The Cake for the image!) Someone is one majorly talented baker!

I dug and dug and then dug some more to find a froggy stamp in my collection and then I remembered my good friend Jeanette had sent me a frog stamp from WhimsyStamps and I was off and running!

I used this week's Card Positioning Systems (CPS136) and the more I looked at it, the more it reminded me of one of Kim Teasdale's cards, sooooo...I took inspiration from Kim and matted my panels with black cardstock and machine stitched around each one for added depth. Mr Frog was stamped onto watercolor paper and colored in with reinkers and an aquapainter brush. Then the blue background was sponged on for better coverage. Then I added the sentiment and the eyelets and twine detail. The finished size is 5" x 7".

You should definitely consider playing along this week because a little birdy told me that this week is being sponsored!!! Woohooo! Marie and The Greeting Farm are generously allowing us to giveaway the 'Down By The Pond' set this week in honor of Nicky Diedrich who loves his frogs so much! So what do you have to do? Create a card inspired by the cupcake image, upload it to your blog, SCS or PCP and post a link back to it in the comments section of this week's Whimsical Wednesday post. If you upload your card to SCS, use the keyword DDSC5. Need more inspiration? Check out what the other daredevils have created this week:
Taylor Usry

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Supplies
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps 'Whimsy Frog'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Old Olive, Certain Celery, Cool Caribbean, Going Gray
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - My Mind's Eye 'Laundry Line Collection - Natural "Aspire" Grown Up Spots', Basic Grey 'Aged & Confused "Sublime Collection" Alpha Pistashio' and 'Stella Ruby - "Drinks At The Savoy"'
Access: Twine, Making Memories Eyelets, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals, Sponges

15 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

What a great froggy image! I love hou you colored him and the rounded corners are perfect. Oh those cupcakes look sooo yummy too!

kadie said...

This is awesome and that layout is TDF! The way you popped up the panels and added the twine and eyelets give this so much depth. And your papers are so well chosen...it really seems like your adorable froggie is surrounded by water. Fantastic job on this!

Jenn said...

So cute! I love the sentiment! :)

Dina said...

Haha!!! This is awesome Sandra! Great coloring and that sentiment is just perfection!

Juls said...

the cakes look gorgeous!! and I just Love the card!

~amy~ said...

such a fun card Sandra...love your choice of dp!

karen said...

hehehe what a cute image!
Great choice of colors & good job on the challenge!

WickedPixie said...

Can you say a frog is gorgeous? Well, I'll just say the frog is cute and your card is gorgeous! Love your coloring and the distressing and sewing! :-)Traci

Rebecca Ednie said...

Super cute. I love how perfectly your frog and the DP match. Awesome as usual~

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

dstandard said...

totally adorable card - love the little frog!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Super cute Miss Sandra! LOVE your coloring and the distressing is wonderful!

Amy said...

WOWZERS! Your coloring of that frog is crazy amazing! And the layout design is way cool too! I'm hoping to play along with this challenge too if I can make the time, looks like a fun one! :)

Tammy said...

This is just too cute!! I love that image and your DP is perfect!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra girl you did a wonderful job with this frog the images you choose wheather sent to you or not are always so unique and so cute at the same time!!!

Your coloring rocks girl!!! I never did get to post this card but I did finally finish the pieces so the card is done maybe I will post it next week along with that challenge a pink pirate card and a green frog card??? Hmmmmm???

Heather

Related Posts with Thumbnails