A Nurse, A Challenge and Blog Hop Info!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A happy Thursday morning to you all!

I have to share a funny little story with you that happened yesterday. When I went to pick up Syd from daycare/preschool she was out in the yard playing with her classmates. Syd's teacher asked to see her school pictures because I had just picked up the proofs. Anyway, a friend of Syd's rushes over and askes to see the pictures too. So I showed him and the teacher says to the little boy "Who's that in the picture?" He says Sydney, to which my Sassy McSasspants replies "Hello?? I'm standing right in front of you!?!" Sarcasism is alive and well in my not yet 4 and a half year old. I smell trouble in her tweens, don't you??

Today's card is for all the nurses graduating this year. As I was putting this card together I remembered that I had already used the 'get well soon' sentiment on the other Nurse Sophie card I made, so I racked my brain and decided that this would be a graduation card instead! :D (How's that for thinking on the run?! haha)

The sketch is from this week's Inspirational Sketches challenge IC#37. It's a very special challenge this week because Miss Mary is now a part of the IC design team!! Way to go Mary! Woohoooo! I'm so proud of you! I colored up Nurse Sophie with reinkers and an aquapainter brush and used some scraps of that great Cosmo Cricket paper I still had lying around.

If you weren't at the Hanna Stamps release party on Monday, then you many not know about this news:


Calling all Hanna Stamps and Riley fans!! We're having a blog hop where you are the stars!! That's right! A Hanna Stamps blog hop that you can participate in!! It's happening on October 19th and we want as many people to participate as possible! You can sign up and check out all the info ----> HERE! I'm so excited about this! Finally! A blog hop for everyone who loves Hanna Stamps! :D

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Nurse Sophie/Riley', MFT 'Essential Sentiments'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Going Gray, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Cosmo Cricket 'Girl Friday - ??'
Access: Ribbon, Spellbinders Small Scalloped Nestibilities, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Decorative Scissors, Dimensionals

19 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

These are some of my favorite papers! Your card is perfect for graduating nurses. Love the colors and great job on the sketch! Thank you sooo much for the shout out and playing along with ICS. Oh and I'm already signed up for the blog hop...Kelli Jo beat me to be the first after the DT.

~amy~ said...

such a sweet card sandra...love your kidlet story...syd is quite the whipper snapper!

Jenn said...

What a funny story, kids crack me up sometimes!!! I love your card and the use of the Girl Friday paper...love that stuff.

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Wonderful, colorful card!!!
Thanks for joining the ICSketches.
Gretings from Poland.
Brises ICS DT member

Dawn♥ said...

WELCOME to Inspirational Card Sketches! Love everything about your stunning card. Sweet adorable image and colored beautifully. Thank you for playing along. :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Tab said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the sweet image and the papers are delish, love these colours....LOL @ Syd, I think your going to have your hands full there is a few years LOL, it is sweet though.
Hugs Tab xxx

karen said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Love the cute card! And what a great idea for them nursies!

kadie said...

That is too funny. Miss Syd is def a chip off the ole block (young block). :) So cute!
I LOVE the color palette of this card. Great job with the sketch!

Sparkplug17 said...

So cute! I love the pink outfit.

Lorie said...

What a cute story about Syd! That's so funny. Your card is of course nothing less than fabulous, and thanks for the info about the blog hop. I'm so in! I haven't inked up my Hanna's in foreveah!! Looking forward to it!!!!

Love,
Lorie

Unknown said...

Such wit from such a little one.. is she related to my daughter?! LOL

Great card. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

Rosie
x

Amy said...

Love the papers and color combo you used here... such a cute card!

Tracey said...

What an absolutely adorable card Sandra!!

Debs said...

What a great card, love that nursey hippo, your daughter sounds fatastic. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
Debs

Alecia Wolfford said...

LOVE it, so very cute!! Thanks for playing along at ICS this week!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh I LOVE my Riely's!!! This card is perfect ~ as always!!! So glad you got to join in with is at ICS!!! Mary is a true inspiration and I am so happy to be working with her on the team. She is amazing ;o)!!!

Candy said...

Super cute, love the DP you used!! You are going to have your hands full with your little one in a few years....lol!! The joys of being a parent!!

Vicky said...

Cute card, love those papers. Glad you joined us at ICS. :)x

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh that is too cute and fun just love the image!!!! soo adorable. great job with the IC sketch this week!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails