FFF - Punch Drunk Love

Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Friday! It's Friday! As Martha would say...that's a good thing!

This also means it's there is another Farm Fresh Friday challenge fresh from The Greeting Farm for you all!

This week's challenge is called Punch Drunk Love and I'm sure you can guess what that means....we wanna see what you can do with all your punches!! So break them out and start punching ladies!! :)

Be it vodka or punches; I don't get drunk any more. :) Basically that means I have a few edge punches and circle punches but nothing else. I never really got into the whole Stampin' Up workshop thing so I don't have any SU punches, but I sure wished I had the oval one this week! It would have come in handy for a sentiment on this card! Doh.

I used the ever so sweet Marlene Monkey and some fabulous paper from my favorite company - K&Company. The scalloped border you see wasn't done with a nestie, but rather with those Marvy punches we were all clammering for before Spellbinders got wicked popular! I don't actually own the scalloped nesties for the rectangles, so I use my trusty Marvy scalloped square punch to create my scalloped backgrounds. Time consuming - yes, but when you don't have the latest and the greatest, you improvise alot! :)

Not that you can clearly see it, but I also used Martha Stewarts lace edge punch along the polka dot strip. I borrowed this week's Unscripted Sketches #27 layout for this card. A nice and simple card to end the week. (And I needed it too!) Check out what the other DT girls have created with this challenge:

Cindy
Kadie
Cheryl
Lisa
Lynda
Mercy


Next week is going to be REALLY, REALLY exciting! You'll start seeing A LOT of sneak peeks for The Greeting Farm's November release and I think you all know what that means....the girls are coming! THE GIRLS ARE COMING! :) (I also have sneak peeks for There She Goes, so stay tuned!)


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Marlene Monkey'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black, Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Greenhouse Collection'
Access: Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Marvy Scalloped Square Punch, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

14 Comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ha ha yes the girls are ON THEIR WAY! It's gonna be CRAZY! LOVE your Marlene card today, Sandra! Your coloring ROCKS my world *as always* and I love your cute layout!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Super adorable card!! Love this image.

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, I love that monkey!

Jenn said...

Super cute! Hope you have a fantastic weekend girlie! :)

Mary Giles said...

Too cute! You don't need the latest and greatest when you know how to use what you've got. I'm amazed everytime when I read how you create some of the same effects with different tools. Your a master Sensei. LOL!

Judy McMullen said...

Sandra, this is super adorable! You are so amazing with what you create...punches or no punches you rock the challenge, girl! And I still want to take coloring lessons from you...your images...so beautifully colored!!!

Ida said...

Wonderfully done. Your coloring is just awesome! So you don't own all the latest and greatest (neither do I) but you sure can create with what you do have.

Danni said...

Super, super cute!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Darling card!!! I love your coloring!!!! That is something I need to work on! YOu did such a perfect job on the shading I love it!

As for punches I always try to pick them up on sale or with a 50% off coupon :) They do get addicting but what doesnt when it comes to crafting....lol

Love your card hun!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Lynda Nielsen said...

Whispers Sandra?? I'm NOT whispering!
Your card is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
Your coloring is just amazing, and that layout, Gorgeous! Any other adjectives that I can use? I'm not sure, but FABULOUS Work here girl!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Unknown said...

I was SO happy to see your name posted on Mr. Linky tonight! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, all the time, and I get excited when I see them. Gorgeous card, as always, and a fantastic take on this weeks sketch. So glad you go to play along again Sandra! :)

Lisa said...

Lovely card and the coloring is perfect!

Hugs,
Lisa

Denimo said...

As soon as I saw this, I just couldn't help but smile. Your combination of beautifully colored image, great dps and that little face, it's simply a smiley card!!
Denise

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG Sandra, you HAVE been busy!! I just had to comment on this card, she is adorable!! Love your coloring and the DP you chose is perfect! I think I just might have to get this stamp. I LOVE IT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails