FFF Challenge and a Twinkle Tot!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Good Morning again!

(Please scroll down for the TSG Penguin Love Blog Hop post!)

Is everyone glad it's Friday?!? I know I am after this crazy busy week! I just counted the cards I've posted and there are 14 of them! Fourteen?! And I have two more to show you this weekend! There were A LOT of late nights this week, that's for sure! :)

But never mind my ramblings, it's Friday and that means another Farm Fresh Friday challenge for you all! This week the uber talented Gardener Mercy Kerin has a sketch for us and it's such a fun one!

I saved Izzy to color up last this week because my initial thought was that she wasn't going to be my favorite Twinkle Tot, but boy was I soooo wrong! The stripes in her jacket, her curly hair and the awesome hat are such fun to color! Izzy looks like she's spending the day at the beach, so I 'dressed' her in a springy outfit with light colors. I used SU's Morning Marigold and Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Tea Dye' on her jacket, with SU's Old Olive for her dress.

I really do enjoy coloring up faces. Especially ones with rosy cheeks and big eyes like Izzys! If you click the image above for a closer look, you can see the glossy accents I applied over her eyes to give them a more doey look. While coloring her face with Creamy Caramel, I quickly add some Pretty in Pink to her cheeks and blend it all in by wiping the brush over the whole face.
You know you want to see what the other Gardeners and Farmers have done with Mercy's sketch, so go check 'em out!

Cindy
Cheryl
Jessica
Kadie
Kim
Lisa
Lynda
Mercy

Remember, Jess changed up the rules and for every 30 FFF entries there will be a prize given away!! So if there are 60 entries, then there will be two prizes!! A sweet deal for sure! So get busy ladies!
Before you go, make sure you all check out all the contests The Greeting Farm has going on this week! There's a kids one, and a My House one and today's FFF. You have until 7pm CST this Sunday night to get your entries in! Winners will be announced during our release party/VSN! We've done it with Club Anya, you've asked for another one, and so this time we're doing a TGF Virtual Stamping Night! Meet us in the PCP Chat Group from 7PM CST to 9PM CST on Sunday, November 1st!
See you all there! :)
Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Izzy Twinkle Tot'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Tea Dye'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Bo Bunny '??'
Access: Ribbon, Spellbinders Label One Nesties, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Fiskars Decorative Edge Scissors, Rangers Glossy Accents, Sponges, Dimensionals

16 Comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Haha I see we are both burning the multiple post oil at both ends this week, LOL! Well, it definitely doesn't put a damper on either of your AmAZING cards!!! Can I just say WOW WOW WOW about your coloring???? You are amazing, I swear! LOVE THIS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so pretty, awesome job!!

kadie said...

Oh, Sandra! She is Beeeeautiful!! Fabulous take on Mercy's sketch too. I love those pops of green!

Jacilynn said...

these new tots are to die for! I gotta get my hands on them! gorgeous cards!
x

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooo!! Now this is super charming Sandra! LOVE the colors! Darling card with your outstanding coloring!!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Oh, I wish I hadn't seen this. She is just adorable and I'm a sucker for cute kids. :)

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Izzy is so pretty!! Love how you've colored her...wish I could be taking coloring lessons from you. Terrific card as usual, Sandra!

Denimo said...

Wow Sandra!! This card is fantastic!! Both beautiful and cute at the same time. Now that's talent!! Thanks for sharing!
Denise

JenRaff said...

So soft and beautiful!

Juls said...

so cute! Love the image and the gorgeous colours, and the clean and simple lines to this card!

Unknown said...

sandra...izzy is just gorgeous! i love, love, love the color combo you've used...and your coloring is superb! great job on this week's sketch, too! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Marley said...

Sandra this is stunning!! I loveeeeeee how you coloured that girl.. xxxx Marley

Lisa said...

Wow! You have colored all the Twinkle Tots so perfectly. Love them. Wonderful job.

Hugs,
Lisa

Mary Giles said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you kept the background neutral and dark. It really let the green and yellow shine through.

Kim said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous coloring!

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails