TSG Penguin Love Blog Hop!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Good Morning and welcome to the There She Goes 'Penguin Love' blog hop!!

If you've stopped by here from Maki's blog, then you need to sit down and absorb all the gorgeousness (is that a word?!) you saw over there! You've made it to the next floating glacier (blog) on this hop. If you aren't hopping but would like to, head over to the TSG blog and start your hop there!

How many of you love penguins?!? I know I do and you're going to LOVE this set! There are all sorts of penguins and things to accessorize them with and have them doing. And the sentiment....did I mention that Jess has the best sentiments?! hehehe

I wanted/tried to create a winter wonderland for Mr Penguin in this scene by using a few of the stamps in this Penguin Love set. I stamped the igloo first, then Mr Penguin, then masked them both off and stamped the floating ice over them. See his cute little top hat?? It's a separate stamp and this set is FULL of individual images like this!

Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses paper is awesome and as soon as I saw this mahogany colored wood paper in the collection, I knew I had to use it to create a frame around Mr. Penguin! I just cut the paper into 5/8" strips and cut the ends at right angles so they formed a frame. Then you just sponge the edges to give it more of a realistic look. Instead of a button, I stamped the two hearts (also in the set!) onto some scrap BG paper and created my own 'button'. :) And lastly, I couldn't let this card go without some machine stitching on it. It was begging for it...I swear it! LOL
Ok, your next stop along this hop is the Madam Creative herself, Wendy Bond! Thanks so much for hopping by! (Be on the look out for yet another post from me later this morning!)

Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes 'Penguin Love'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Cool Caribbean, Going Gray, Ruby Red, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Eskimo Kisses Collection'
Access: Ribbon, EK Success Corner Punch and Circle Punches, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

35 Comments:

Shirley N said...

What a unique card--love your frame and your penguin is sooo adorable with his top hat! Thanks for a fun blog hop!

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow!! This is incredible, Sandra!! What a wonderful layout and I LOVE the frame you created!! Oh, the dp is so yummy!

Becky Sorensen said...

Beautiful - The frame just adds so much.

Jodi said...

Love the frame ~ what a fantastic idea! Great card.

von Oskopia Kaleid said...

really wonderful with the wooden like frame

kim.mom said...

Beautiful!!

Maureen said...

Totally fantastic!! I was just looking at that wood paper today and I never thought of making a frame with it - you are just too creative!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwww, this is adorable Sandra.... I love that image, and wow, look at the wood frame you made! Excellent job!
Big Hugs
Lynda

~amy~ said...

seriously, how cute is this?

None None said...

love how you did the frame! So clever!

Unknown said...

very pretty- love the frame

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO cute-I love how you did the curved border w/ the Nesties. Great color combo, too! Adorable!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AMAZING Sandra! LOVE LOVE LOVE the frame!!!

Kimberly S said...

How lovely! Great idea to use the frame. :)

Jackie said...

Too cute! I love the layout you used on this one!

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOVE that frame! It looks like real wood.

Dina said...

OMG that sentiment is so funny!! This is beatuiful, love your colros and DP. Great layotu!

Janice M said...

Cute!! I like the top hat!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Wow! Great idea using the paper for a frame! Cute card!

Sandy said...

Super cute card. Love the Eskimo kisses paper with this set.

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Love the frame! Cute card!

JenRaff said...

The frame is so interesting -- great card!

Theresa said...

Great work Sandra.

Coralee Schindel said...

That is soooo sweet! How did you do the frame? Was the paper for it already wood grained or did you make your own DP for it? Sweet, I really wan the lil guys!

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous layout, I like how the penguin is *framed* Happy Weekend, hugs...

Michele Lourenco said...

i just love the card!!

Anita said...

Cute card! Thanks for the tips.

Julie said...

This is adorable! It could totally be a wall hanging.

Cathy said...

this is so cute. Love the frame, your are so talented.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I like the frame you've done on your card. The top hat on the penguin is so cute.

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Darling frame on your card. And the top hat sure make the penguin's tux stand out!

Julie said...

Love the frame, Sandra! Cute ribbon too!

Mary Giles said...

Love your frames and this is sooo cute! Fabulous papers and layout.

SueB said...

These l'il guys are so stinkin' CUTE and I can't wait to see the rest of the set's images! TFS and thanx for the blog hop opp!

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl, what a way to end my hopping, love it! Sorry I am late, a little behind on commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails