TSG Mini Sets Blog Hop!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Welcome to the There She Goes Mini Sets blog hop!!

We're showcasing two awesome mini sets today. They may be mini but they're definitely produce a big impact! If you've stopped by from Maki's blog, then you're on the right track, but if you haven't and you'd like to hop along with us, then head over to the TSG blog and start there.

I used the new Stick Together mini set again. Remember that 10/15 min card I made earlier in the week?? Well I had to make another card that took a bit longer than that! LOL Not too much longer though.

Before I get into the card, I just have to say that Jess uses the BEST fonts for her sentiments doesn't she?! I ADORE this set just for it's fonts! hahaha Anyway, I pulled some of the colors from this yummy paper by Memory Box and used them on the main panel. I sponged a combination of SU's Soft Sky (I think it was an In Color from a couple of years ago) and Antique Linen and Tea Dye from Distress Inks onto the Labels Four panel. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Stick Together set in StazOn and then snowflakes with the Tea Dye ink over the top. Then I matted it with some Bazzil Bling paper. The piece of Memory Box paper was sponged lightly around the edges with Frayed Burlap and adhered to the Bazzil Bling base. I then spritzed both pieces with some Glimmer Mist in Pearl (it sparkles soo much in real life!) and once they were dry, I put the pieces together and added some wide ribbon to bring the card from so-so to glamorous! Don't you think wide ribbon really does that to a card?!

Ok, thanks so much for stopping by. Your next stop is Wendy's fabbie blog! If you get lost along the way, below is the list of blogs to help you on your way. :)



Thanks for stopping by today! Be on the look out for another post from me later this morning!

Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Stick Together' mini set
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Soft Sky, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Bling, Bazzil Basics, PP - Memory Box 'Dew Frost'
Access: Ribbon (Michaels), Spellbinders Labels Four Nestibilities, Sponges, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 'Pearl'

29 Comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous!!

Anita said...

I like the aged look of your card.

Vicki G said...

Love this Sandra! So Elegant!

Vicki

Kimberly S said...

Yes, I totally agree that the fonts are great! Very pretty card. :)

d'Dragon said...

So very beautiful!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Oh, wow! That ribbon is just beautiful -- what a great card!

Julie said...

Oh wow Sandra this is gorgeous! I love that ribbon!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Sandra. I love the way you sponged the main image.. I agree about the font.. It always is awesome..

Jackie said...

Wow, this card is just too wonderful! I love the colors and the layout, great job!

Julie said...

this is beautiful! I love your sponging it's so smooth. The colors are so soft and pretty too!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Really like the snowflakes and sentiment.
Sharon King

Crafty Math Chick said...

You are right, Jessica's fonts ARE gorgeous!

Gail said...

very nice :) Why can't I get my nesties to layer like that? :(

Dina said...

Very beautiful! I love the layout, ribbon and your sponging of colors! The sentiment on the Nesstie is so cute!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, Sandra!! Love the sponged mat. Gorgeous ribbons, too!

Randi said...

Stunning card Sandra!! You framed that sentiment beautifully!! LOVE the colors!! Memory Box papers are right up there in my top 3!! The one you used is one of my FAVS!
I love the idea of mini sets! What is it about mini things that makes me need them!?!?

Laura said...

Beautiful. So soothing and calm. LOVE it.

Theresa said...

Your work is so impressive Sandra. Beautiful!!

Carol Dee said...

So Very Pretty, I am in love with this set, hugs...

JenRaff said...

So lovely . . .

Michele Lourenco said...

i love the simplicity. very elegant

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Extremely elegant! Breathtaking!

Cathy said...

Wow, that is gorgeous and the ribbon is awesome. Nice card.

Becky Sorensen said...

Very pretty.

Jodi said...

Very pretty card ~ love the soft subtle colors you chose.

kim.mom said...

SWEET!!! Love that color combo!

Debbie V said...

Nice card I look forward to seeing more later

Jodi Collins said...

This is OH so stunning Sandra! WOW!!

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Wow, what a soft and stunning card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails