Good For Any Cause

Monday, October 19, 2009

Is it Monday morning already?!? Where did that weekend go??

This weekend did not flow as well as I would have liked it to. The Man had to work Saturday morning, but had to sought out a big mess at the end of the day that took up a bit of the afternoon. Syd and I went to her gymnastics class. When he finally got home, we caught the bus down to the Keene Pumpkin Festival while it was still daylight and somewhat warm. Had a great time there looking at all the fun costumes and carvings! This year we finally broke our own record that has stood for almost 6 years with 29, 068 lit pumpkins! Boston still holds the world record since holding their own Pumpkin Festival a few years back, but considering that Keene's population is less than the number of pumpkins we had this year, that's pretty impressive!

Ok, onto today's card! I did another quick card using Ribbon Riley from Hanna Stamps again since it's National Breast Cancer Awareness month and another card for the cause can never hurt! :)

A quick little card (5.5" x 5.5") with Riley colored with reinkers and an aquapainter brush. I am really liking these papers from Basic Grey's Lemonade Collection! I've been using them a lot lately and I can't seem to get enough! I matted the patterns with two different shades of pink Bazzil paper and sponged around Riley with Pretty In Pink to tie it all in. Finally got myself some pink ribbon and tied a big pretty bow off to the side. Last, I added some Stickles to the ribbon Riley's holding for some sparkle!

That's it. Really simple, but the papers make it really pop. Don't forget!! Tonight's the Hanna Stamps Fan Blog Hop!! It all starts at 10pm EST over at Frances Byrnes blog. Can't wait to check out everyone's Hanna and Riley creations!

Supplies
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Ribbon Riley'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Going Gray, Pretty In Pink
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Jraft, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Lemonade Collection'
Access: Ribbon, Stickles, Dimensionals, Sponges

8 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

What a lovley card! I really like the green argyle paper in the paper in the background and your coloring is flawless as always. I think I'm going to have to put that pumpkin festival on my list of things to do next fall.

Jenn said...

Fabulous card Sandra! I love the BG Lemonade paper!

~amy~ said...

Why do the weekends fly by soooo quickly?? :)

Excellent card...soooo sweet...all that colorful goodness nestled onto kraft...love it!

Juls said...

gorgeous image! Love the colours, and for such a great cause too!

Kate said...

This card is very special to me because 2 of my sisters are recovering from breast cancer. Great job on your coloring :)

Marley said...

HI Sandra!
Lovelyyyy card.. I just love the lemonade papers! you have used a lovely image too. xxx Marley

Anonymous said...

Lovely shades of pink :) And so square - LOL... I envy your squarness - mine are always just a wee bit off. Guess I need more nesties. Seriously though, thanks for always be a wonderful inspiration!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Sandra!! I can't wait to order this Riley when the store is back up and running!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails